A fire ceremony is one that takes place around a flame. It is one of the shamanic practices I suggest to clients to clear their way for a transition or new beginning such as a birthday, an anniversary or following the breakup of a relationship.
Fire allows for rapid transformation. It is one of the Five Elements. Fire, Earth, Water and Air correspond to the four directions of our physical world, the four quarters of the Universe, the four winds and most importantly the four quarters of the sacred circle. Spirit, the fifth element, is the force that animates all of life.
You can learn more about each of the elements by downloading our `All About´ workbooks. All five are available as a bundle at a discounted price of €30.
The Fire Itself Will be Your Teacher
Fire provides the way to let go of your old story and drama, to transform, to renew and to be reborn. Through a fire ceremony you are honouring your lessons and old belief structures by placing them in the fire and handing them over to Spirit.
By releasing these old patterns and beliefs into the fire, you heal at the soul level without having to experience them in the physical. Awareness comes from writing down the belief and placing it into the fire.
Observe the fire and it will let you know immediately as to your intentions.
View the fire ceremony not as an instantaneous magical change, rather an opening to heal and transform distinctive habits and patterns – to manifest a different dream.
It is also an excellent way of marking a graduation to another level of spiritual evolution through healing, therapy or rehabilitation.
Creating Your Fire Ceremony
Within the protection of the four directions and Sacred Space, the process is to:
- Our initial meeting (usually over Skype or Zoom) is to explore your wishes for your ceremony. The purpose is for us to meet and come to know each other and find out what is important to you. We will discuss possibilities and what needs to be included in the ceremony.
- Write down on a piece of paper all the beliefs you desire to release.
- Write down on another piece of paper the outcomes you desire in your life. Tear the paper into strips, one for each point. Then light a candle or a fire.
- With due ceremony, read each point you wish to release and place the piece of paper into the flame. Watch how it burns, then do the same for the outcomes. Be aware of any feelings as you watch each piece of paper burning in the flame.
- Finally reflect on the ceremony, drum, sing and enjoy any lasting memories you have. After the ceremony release sacred space.
Many ask why they should burn the positives. The answer is that fire brings transformation and this is needed to create what is not yet present in your life.
As Steven from Colorado Springs reported after completing “the candle exercise. In a word: potent! …..After burning the two sheets, saying a prayer…… I felt free.…..”
Observe the Fire and the Moments Which Follow
One of the key features is to observe how easily each piece of paper burns, any changes of direction in the flames and does the fire burn brightly or smoke! Each has a message.
A participant after one ceremony observed how the bird song had matched the rhythm of my drum.
There is a two-week period following a fire ceremony in which “moments of opportunity” appear. These “moments” provide the opportunity to translate your intent for healing, into your world.
Remember to recognise this “opening” and seize the opportunity to create change – then allow Spirit to attend to the details.
The charge for arranging and leading a fire ceremony is €450. A fire ceremony is usually included as part of our events and retreats at Quinta da Luz and can host yours if you so wish. Email me to discuss your Fire Ceremony.